BettorSafe.org (“BettorSafe”) is a public awareness campaign operated by GeoComply Solutions Inc. ( “GeoComply,” “we,” or “us”) to promote responsible online wagering and sports betting. This privacy statement outlines how GeoComply collects, uses and discloses your personal information in connection with your use of this website. GeoComply is committed to protecting privacy and complying with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information when you access the BettorSafe website (the Services):
Logs, usage, and support data
When you use the Services, we collect the following data to help manage, secure and troubleshoot the website:
- Log data, which may include IP address, browser type and settings, device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you used the Services, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookies.
- Usage data and analytics, which may include website access frequency and activity information such as frequently accessed areas of the website.
- Location information, such as IP address and the region from which you are accessing and using the Services, in accordance with the settings on your device.
Browsing our website
We collect the following information when you visit the Services:
- When you make an inquiry or other request, or provide feedback, we may collect information such as name, email address, feedback provided or request made, and information related to current or prospective use of the BettorSafe.
- Website usage data, average session duration, engagement rate, links clicked, page visits, and mouse movements, which may be used to generate visual reconstructions of your website session activity.
- IP addresses.
- Social media: We may collect your name, social media username or handle, messages, posts and other interactions with our brand and social media accounts.
- Email interactions and analytics: Information on how you engage with our emails such as email open and click rates, whether a link is clicked, which web pages are visited after opening the email, the type of browser and email clients you use, and general location information (i.e., country and region).
How do we use your personal information?
GeoComply limits access to information collected via the website to those staff members who require the information to support the BettorSafe campaign; all staff are educated about practices and policies to safeguard that information, and those policies are carefully enforced.
Third parties that support BettorSafe must agree to safeguard information in the same manner as does GeoComply. Only third parties that require information collected via this website in order to support BettorSafe are provided with such information.
GeoComply makes all reasonable efforts to accurately and securely maintain information collected via the Services. GeoComply monitors and adopts applicable technologies designed to aid in the accuracy and security of information gathered via this website.
Information is collected only when visitors to the Services voluntarily provide it. Information submitted via the Services may be stored and used by GeoComply to better understand the needs of visitors to the website, to inform visitors of offers that may be of interest to them, and to improve the BettorSafe campaign.
BettorSafe has no intention of collecting information from children that may be personally identifiable, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses; children are asked not to submit such information.
The BettorSafe.org website may collect information that is NOT personally identifiable from any visitor to the site, including the visitor’s operating system, browser, domain name, and the specific Web pages on the website that the visitor accesses. Such information is used to improve the Services.
DISCLAIMER: GeoComply and BettorSafe does not endorse nor control the content, products or services of other sites linked to or from the Services. The Services are intended to facilitate the dissemination of information to the public about problem gambling, and provide opportunities to contact qualified professionals for help.
What are your rights regarding personal information about you?
Certain privacy rights may be available to you if you are located in the EEA or another jurisdiction with applicable privacy or data protection laws. If you or your authorized agent would like to request to access, change, delete, restrict or confirm the use of, or object to the processing of your personal information that you have previously provided to the BettorSafe campaign, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company, or appeal our decision regarding your privacy request (to the extent any of these rights are provided to you by law), please email us at email@example.com.
For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal information associated with the email address that you identify in your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling certain requests. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Interest-based advertising, analytics, and website browsing
The Services use Google services to provide analytics for understanding how you use our website and for providing advertising. We have configured these services so that Google only acts as a service provider to us and cannot use the information collected from our users for its own purposes or on behalf of others. These services may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources. Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively, the “CCPA”), GeoComply Solutions Inc. (“GeoComply,” “we,” or “us”) is providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose about California residents, including individuals who interact with us directly through BettorSafe. This California Privacy Notice does not apply to GeoComply’s B2B solutions and services. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
The chart below sets out the CCPA categories of Personal Information we collect about California residents, as well as the categories of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed for the Services within the last twelve (12) months.
|Personal Information collected||Disclosed to which categories of third parties for operational business purposes|
|Category||Collected from those who directly interact with us|
|Identifiers||IP address and online identifiers||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers|
|Personal information as defined in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Name, contact information, and employment information (organization name, job title, and business unit or department)||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||None||N/A|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Interaction with our digital properties or advertisements||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers|
|Geolocation data||Approximate location||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers|
|Audio / visual information||Audio or visual information, such as web meetings and webinars||Our affiliated entities and trusted third-party service providers|
|Professional or employment-related information||None||N/A|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R Part 99))||None||N/A|
|Inferences drawn from personal information listed above to create a profile||None||N/A|
|Sensitive Personal Information||None||N/A|
We may also disclose the above categories of Personal Information to a third party in the context of any reorganization, financing transaction, merger, sale, joint venture, partnership, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from:
- Our interactions with you, such as through our Services, websites, surveys and questionnaires, emails, social media, and any other online or offline interactions, such as when you contact us via phone or attend one of our events;
- Our affiliates and publicly available online sources.
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect, use, or share Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our Services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including:
- Providing and securing our Services;
- Communicating with you;
- Improving our websites, applications, and Services;
- Internal business purposes;
- Carrying out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures or acquisitions;
- Complying with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercising and defending legal claims; and
- Investigating, preventing, or taking action on illegal activities, fraud, or threats to or abuse of rights, property, personal safety, the security of our Services, the Services infrastructure, or the Internet.
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not sell Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, or share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising, and we have not sold or shared it for cross-context behavioral advertising in the preceding 12 months. This includes the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you continue to be a customer of our Services) and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Individual Rights and Requests
If you are a California resident, you may make the following requests:
- You may request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we have disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such Personal Information.
- You may request to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- You may request to have your Personal Information deleted.
- You may request to receive the specific pieces of your Personal Information, including a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us in a portable format.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To make a privacy request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as mailing address, telephone number and/or email address, in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you maintain a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account and require you to re-authenticate yourself before disclosing or deleting your Personal Information. If you make a deletion request, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information.
If an agent would like to make a request on your behalf as permitted by applicable law, the agent may use the submission methods noted in the section entitled “Individual Rights and Requests.” As part of our verification process, we may request that the agent provide, as applicable, proof concerning their status as an authorized agent. In addition, we may require that you verify your identity as described in the section entitled “Individual Requests” or confirm that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Where we maintain or use de-identified information, we will continue to maintain and use the de-identified information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify the information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Privacy Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.